Exercise – Make your own collection of Things to be Happy About. Add to this collection whenever you have a spare moment. TIP: Divide your notebook into sections, listing a different sense in each.
- Seeing the people I love
- A beach, the sea
- The sounds of waves lapping on the beach
- Classical music (uplifting or soothing)
- Fresh fruit
- Swiss chocolate
- Freshly baked bread
- Freshly cut grass
- The sea
- Leaning against the crook of my husband’s neck
- Hugging my close family members
- A cat sleeping on my lap, feeling its fur and heart beat
Strictly speaking this is not a five minute writing exercise. I did as the author suggested and started a list in a notebook. I took five minutes to write a selection here.